No accidents following Saskatoon pure gasoline leak

(650 CKOM file photo)

Saskatoon firefighters completed 2022 by responding to a call of a natural gas leak.

At around 8:30 p.m. Saturday, fire crews attended a home on 11th Street East near Clarence about the smell of gas.

Crews found a fire in the wall around a natural gas fireplace and found that carbon monoxide was present.

Firefighters put out the fire on top of the fireplace and called the gas utility company to take care of the gas line.

The cause is believed to be a small piece of wood along the top of fireplace heating up to the point of catching on fire.

Nobody was injured and the people were able to stay there for New Year’s Eve.

Comments are closed.